遷址通知

本部落格已遷至下列網址,敬請各位網友繼續支持「世界萬花筒」:http://kaleidoscope.cybertranslator.idv.tw/

2008年10月15日 星期三

Teen changes name to website 美少女合法改名為網址

In a move that she will definitely not regret later in life, a North Carolina teenager has changed her name to that of a website – and is now legally called CutoutDissection.com.

The former Jennifer Thornburg - whose driver's license now reads Dissection.com, Cutout - wanted to do something to protest animal dissections in schools. The 19-year-old's new name is the web address for an anti-dissection page of the site for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, where she an intern.

'I normally do have to repeat my name several times when I am introducing myself to someone new,' Cutout told The Asheville Citizen-Times. 'Once they find out what my name is, they want to know more about what the Web site is about.'

Ms. Dissection.com, currently working in Virginia, said she began opposing dissections in middle school after a class assignment to cut up a chicken wing made her uncomfortable. She helped create a policy at her high school that allows students who object to dissections to complete an alternative assignment.

Despite her legally changing the name, she said most of her family members still call her Jennifer.

'It will take me a while,' said her dad, Duane Thornburg, who lives in Daytona Beach, Florida. 'She's still Jennifer to me. I understand why she's done it. Believe it or not, I totally respect it.'

It is unclear how Cutout will feel should PETA ever forget to renew the domain, and she discovers that her legal name suddenly points to a cyber-squatting smut-portal for dissection fetishists. (The Asheville Citizen-Times)

沒有留言: