遷址通知

本部落格已遷至下列網址,敬請各位網友繼續支持「世界萬花筒」:http://kaleidoscope.cybertranslator.idv.tw/

2008年9月24日 星期三

Girl, 16, is UK's youngest pilot 16歲少女成為英最年輕駕駛員

A 16-year-old schoolgirl has become Britain's youngest qualified pilot.

Sally Cluley passed her flying test at the end of August, but must wait until her birthday next week to be handed a private pilot's licence as 17 is the minimum age.

She told The Sun: "I'm going to stay on at school to finish my A-levels. Then I'd love to try to join the RAF. I'd consider becoming a commercial pilot if I don't make the grade with the RAF."

The teenager, who has racked up nearly 50 flying hours, joined 1947 training squadron at RAF Birstall near her Leicester home in 2006.

She took the test to gain her wings in a Piper Cherokee at the POM flying school, Humberside.

Sally added: "Flying just seemed to come naturally to me. It makes me feel as free as a bird."

RAF Birstall is part of the Air Training Corps, the world's largest youth air training organisation.

ATC Commandant Air Commodore Ian Stewart said: "We are all extremely proud of what Sally has achieved. She will do well in whichever career she chooses." (The Sun)

沒有留言: