遷址通知

本部落格已遷至下列網址,敬請各位網友繼續支持「世界萬花筒」:http://kaleidoscope.cybertranslator.idv.tw/

2008年4月6日 星期日

(Wo)man bites dog 人咬狗

A US woman bit a pit bull terrier on the nose to save her pet Labrador.

Amy Rice, 38, of Minneapolis, had first tried to wrench the pit bull's jaws from her beloved Ella's throat.

"I ended up biting the pit bull on the nose," she told the local Star Tribune. "I didn't plan it, that's what happened.

"I broke the skin and had pit bull blood in my mouth. I knew what happened, and I knew that it wasn't good."

Animal care and control manager Dan Niziolek said the case was a first, even for more seasoned animal control officers.

"However, we see people who will do anything to protect their animal," he said.

Injuries to the pit bull were minor, but now Amy is dealing with a potential rabies scare as well as her 12-year-old dog's wounds.

The pit bull was quarantined after Amy's doctor told her of a possible rabies threat. But she's unhappy the pit bull, named Frances, wasn't immediately locked up by animal control officers.

"I was sure that my dog was dying in my arms; it was horrible," she said.

"It could have been a child. It just could have been so much worse. I really question the policy of not removing the animal." (Ananova.com)

沒有留言: