遷址通知

本部落格已遷至下列網址,敬請各位網友繼續支持「世界萬花筒」:http://kaleidoscope.cybertranslator.idv.tw/

2008年2月15日 星期五

MP3 player mistaken for gun MP3隨身聽被誤認為槍枝

A Stoke mechanic was arrested at gunpoint by armed police after his MP3 player was mistaken for a gun.

Darren Nixon, 28, was tailed by three police cars as he travelled home from work by bus, reports the Daily Telegraph.

Officers finally confronted him in the street - 150 metres from his home - brandishing guns and telling him to hold his hands in the air.

A member of the public had raised the alarm after watching Mr Nixon change tracks on his MP3 player, thinking it was a gun. Police tracked a completely unaware Mr Nixon on CCTV and followed him home.

Mr Nixon said: "It was only when I saw the traffic slowing down and people watching me that I turned and saw four cops with dogs and semi-automatics.

"I was shocked and had no idea what was going on. That was when I took my earphones out and they were shouting at me not to make any sudden movements.

"I dread to think what might have happened if I'd put my hand in my pocket. My legs turned to jelly as they handcuffed me and read me my rights."

At the police station officers searched and fingerprinted him, before taking a DNA swab, before releasing him.

A police spokeswoman said: "We received a report from a member of the public who had seen a male in the area who had appeared to pull a hand gun from a jacket pocket, grip it with both hands and aim it towards something.

"The description was extremely good and if that's the report we get we have to act quickly." (Daily Telegraph)

沒有留言: